Periodising: connecting training sessions with the game
Duration: 104 min
Pedro Pontes shares his vision on periodising your training sessions and connecting sessions with the game
- How to periodize your trainning sessions
- How to connect your training sessions to the game
- Examples of the Game Model of Pedro Pontes and Sporting Clube de Portugal
About Pedro Pontes
- Head coach Sporting Clube de Portugal U14
- Working at the SCP Academy since 2010
- UEFA B
Highlighted exercise: Transition training
Objective: Prevent the opponent from scoring and recover after attacking.
1 vs GK to 2 vs 1 to 3 vs 2.
The exercise starts with a 1 vs GK, after a goal or save, the attacker has to recover to defend 2 new attackers in a 2 vs 1.
When the 2 attackers score or the ball goes out, there is another transition to 3 vs 2.
Do you want to watch the full masterclass?
Become a member. As a member you have access to this masterclass and all other live and On Demand masterclasses.